6.26.2007

Idle Chatter :: Jarvis Cocker on NPR's Fresh Air

Pulp frontman Jarvis Cocker was on one of my absolute favorite NPR programs (of which I have many, go ahead, laugh) last night. He was interviewed on Fresh Air with Terry Gross about his new album Jarvis (which is quite the grower, get it if you have not) and says a brilliant bit about his expectations of the Britpop explosion and implosion and its ties to the Labour Party and Tony Blair. This is all very timely since I plan on running a review later this week of the comic Phonogram which has lots of great ideas about the rise and fall of Britpop, its importance in British society, and features a cameo by Jarvis Cocker himself. Anyhow, go check out the interview even if you're not into all that because Cocker has one of the best speaking voices ever. I want him to read all the Harry Potter books to me.

Jarvis Cocker on Fresh Air

No comments: