6.11.2007

New Noise :: Roddy Woomble :: My Secret Is My Silence

While the latest offerings from Idlewild aren't quite living up to expectations, Idlewild frontman Roddy 'I swear I'm going to try and get through this post without talking about his name' Woomble seems to be doing pretty well on his own. Ditching the post-grunge for some Scottish folk balladry, Woomble seems to have found his center again. His new album My Secret Is My Silence (released last summer in Britain, out July 10th stateside) sharpens his focus to bring him back to dealing with his angst about growing up Scottish. This is especially apparent on the title track as is the fact that Woomble did a great job picking Kate Rusby for vocal accompaniment this outing.

Roddy Woomble My Secret Is My Silence

Hear more on Woomble's myspace page. And pre-order My Secret Is My Silence here.

No comments: