7.10.2007

Backtrack :: Judee Still :: Jesus Was A Cross Maker



Sorry for the NSFW content, but I found that picture too compelling not to post. One of the saddest and least known stories in rock and roll history, Judee Still was a predacessor for Joni Mitchell and Carole King, but besides having this amazing track covered by The Hollies (which was recently featured in Cameron Crowe's Elizabethtown), she never received any commerical note. It's one of those songs that I've always wanted to hear the lyrical explanation for, but never found much written about. I certainly have my interpretation, but I'd love to hear others or the actual account of what it's all about. Anyway, enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.webnoir.com/bob/music/

in every version of the song, she explains it a little differently.