7.10.2007

Get Out! :: Cory Branan + Due East @ The Whig :: 07.11.07


In a fitting bout of kismet, the first time I saw Cory Branan was during my first visit to The Whig. (My first Taco Tuesday, in fact.) Since then, I've become a huge fan of Branan, seeing many shows and finding many live bootlegs. (I've also eaten many 50-cent tacos since then as well.) Branan is, without a doubt, one of the best singer-songwriters in alt-country today; his songs are filled with compelling characters and self-effacing wit and interspersed with some hilarious stage patter. Branan also has the ability to play his songs differently every show, crafting a fascinating dynamism that must be seen to be believed.

And we all know how I feel about Due East. In fact, the day after this show, I'm heading up to Raleigh to see Due East, Cory, and American Aquarium. It should be a blast and a half. But if you can't make it all the way up there, then definitely don't miss your chance to see Cory and Due East at the Whig. And hey, it's a free show, and there's two-dollar pints as well. You can't lose!

Cory Branan on MySpace (Check out some of the live tracks!)

IndieRocket's quick profile on Branan

Due East on MySpace

No comments: